K7 PHYSIO | SERVICES
We help individuals with multiple sclerosis maintain and improve functions by addressing issues such as spasticity, declining motor function, and sensory alteration. We build on whatever the patient currently can do, improving those abilities so that life is easier for them and independence can be maintained.
Our treatments can help people with neurological conditions achieve their personal goals of maximum fitness, function, and quality of life.
• Mobility in walking, climbing stairs, and physical transfer
• Hand and arm movements, such as grip strength, dexterity, eating, and drinking
• Balance and coordination to prevent falls
• Stiffness and tightness in muscles
• Pain control
Multiple Sclerosis Is An Autoimmune Disorder.
The immune system damages the myelin sheath that covers nerve fibers. This
disrupts the signals traveling from the brain to other body parts.
What are the causes of multiple sclerosis?
The exact causes of multiple sclerosis are not fully understood. The immune system, genetics and environmental factors are contributing factors, and infection can also play a role.
Other risk factors include:
• Vitamin D deficiency
What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis?
• Pain and itching
• Numbness or tingling
• Bladder problems
• Bowel problems
• Walking difficulties
• Vision problems
• Coordination issues
• Balance issues
• Focus and memory issues
• Sexual difficulties
• Mood swings
How do physiotherapists help individuals with spinal cord injuries?
Spinal cord injury affects people differently. At K7 physiotherapy our physiotherapist performs a holistic assessment and mutually agrees on a treatment plan to achieve the patient’s goals. Physiotherapist input mainly concentrates on:
• stretching exercises,
• a range of motion and strengthening exercises,
• promoting appropriate posture,
• achieving normal movement,
• exercises for spasticity,
• improving balance,
• improving endurance,
• progressing transfers and mobility including rolling/moving on a bed,
• seating and wheelchair advice,
• mobility and transfer equipment advice,
How Can Physiotherapists Help Individuals With Multiple Sclerosis?
Physiotherapy plays a major role in treating multiple sclerosis. At K7
Physiotherapy we perform a holistic assessment of the client and mutually agree on a goal and treatment plan.
Physiotherapist input mainly concentrates on:
• Improving mobility
• Improving muscle strength
• Improving coordination
• Improving balance
• Improving range of motion
• Improving mobility
• Improving function
• Reducing falls
• Reducing spasticity
• Reducing stiffness
• Preventing muscle contractions
• Preventing pressure sores
• Promoting recovery
• Promoting good posture
• Improving the quality of life
• Promoting independence