Tripod and Quadripod
Tripods and quadripods are similar. The only difference between them is that a tripod has three sticks attached to three rubber ferrules, and a quadripod has four sticks attached to four rubber ferrules at the bottom end. Both facilitate individuals to transfer weight, to one side in particular.
Who can benefit from a tripod or quadripod?
- Individuals with one-sided weakness, such as that following stroke,
- Individuals with poor balance,
- Individuals with a falls risk,
- Individuals with a fear of falling,
- Individuals with poor posture.
Always consult a physiotherapist to recommend an appropriate walking aid.