What is a four-wheeled walker?
As the name implies, it has four wheels with tyres. Therefore, it is easy to manoeuvre outdoors. The added advantages are brakes, a seat and space for groceries and personal items.
Who can benefit from using a four-wheeled walker?
Individuals can use it as a seat or to perch on while resting in between walks. Therefore, they can cover longer distances. This type of walking aid is especially helpful to:
- individuals with respiratory issues,
- individuals with back pain,
- individuals with pain in their lower limb,
- individuals with poor balance,
- individuals with a fear of falling,
- individuals with reduced endurance.
Always consult a physiotherapist before purchasing a walking aid.